Purchasing automation equipment….
1. No equipment specification.
2. Failure to visit prospective automation house before the quoting process begins.
3. Incorrectly estimating the cost of an automation project.
4. Not enough technical capability in-house to support the machine.
5. Failure to involve the production people in the process.
6. Poor communication with the automation vendor.
7. Accepting the automation equipment from the vendor before it is ready.
8. Failure to supply the vendor with up-to-date drawings and parts within specification.
9. Failure to design for automation.
10. Using the wrong technology for your application.